This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

SoapServiceExample, assembly references

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:36 PM
I'm attempting to use WCF in the same manner that it is used in the SoapServiceExample project.

I'm experiencing a failure during a call to a soap operation. The failure is a System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException that happens when WCF is attempting to serialize some objects. The exception is due to some unsatisfied assembly references for version 4.0.10.0 of System.Runtime and version 4.0.0.0 of System.ObjectModel.

I noticed in the Object Browser that SoapServiceExample has references to two versions of System.Runtime and two versions of System.ObjectModel.

I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition. It does not seem willing to permit me to add references to the assemblies mentioned in the exception.

How did you manage to add references to multiple versions of assemblies?

Thank you in advance.
Dec 7, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Upon further inspection, it seems that my project has references to System.Runtime 4.0.10.0 and System.ObjectModel 4.0.0.0. My project is different from yours in that your project has references to multiple versions of some assemblies whereas my project has references only to single versions.

I don't know why I am receiving assembly reference errors as my project seems to have references to the assemblies identified in the exception dialog.